Royal Ascot Traffic Plan 2019
ARRIVAL PHASE (MORNING, Approximately 10:30 – 13:30)
- One way traffic southbound, along A332 Windsor Road, from the junction with Lovel Lane to Shepherds White roundabout.
- North bound traffic on the A332 Windsor Road, arriving at Shepherds White roundabout will be directed left, up the Winkfield Road A330.
- One way traffic southbound, along A330 Winkfield Road, from the Shepherds White roundabout to the junction with New Mile Road.
- A330 Winkfield Road closure northbound from its junction with A329 London Road to Shepherds White.
DEPARTURE PHASE (AFTERNOON, Approximately 17:00 – 20:00)
- One way traffic northbound, along A332 Windsor Road, from the Burleigh Road roundabout to Shepherds White roundabout.
- One way traffic northbound, along A330 Winkfield Road from Holloways tunnel junction with A330 Winkfield Road to Shepherds White roundabout.
- One way traffic Northbound, along A332 Windsor Road, from Shepherds White roundabout to Peanut roundabout.
- All traffic will be eastbound only on New Mile Road, between Winkfield Road and Cheapside Road.
- Burleigh Road will be closed at the south end, at the junction with the A332 Windsor Road.
- Coaches are not permitted along the High Street between the roundabouts at the top of Station Hill and Heatherwood Hospital.
- There will be parking restrictions on the southern side of Cheapside Road from the Watersplash Lane junction to the Village Hall and on the northern side from the Watersplash Lane junction, for approximately 50 metres.
- The High Street will be heavily congested in both directions during the arrival and departure periods, so for your own convenience, please avoid this area at peak times.
- Prohibition of U turns in the High Street.
- Additional parking restrictions will be in place throughout the area to ease congestion and these measures will be vigorously enforced.
- Council Parking Officers will be responsible for enforcement following parking offences and will arrange for the removal of vehicles for parking violations.
- Thames Valley Policy will be responsible for removing vehicles that they deem to be causing an obstruction or security threat.
Every effort will be made to minimise the time these restrictions are in place and we thank residents in advance for their support and co-operation.
Winkfield Road Residents
Please note, that if you state your address to the marshall at the junction, they will allow you, and any guests, access to your property.
NO HEATH PASS IS REQUIRED DURING ROYAL ASCOT
The Heath is open for members of the public to enjoy year-round.
Local Resident Offers
We now offer a discounted programme of events for local residents with qualifying post codes who book Queen Anne tickets throughout the year. Click here to find out more
Ascot Racecourse Supports Events
We are keen to hear from any budding local groups who are interested in performing / exhibiting / showcasing their talents during an Ascot raceday. If you would like to get involved or feel we can help, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org